Faith at Work Groups, sometimes called “small groups” meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly in homes or at church for study, fellowship, and service.
Faith at Work Groups in a Nutshell
What Is A Faith-At-Work Group?
Small groups of 10-15 that:
• Meet regularly;
• Share experiences through Christian fellowship;
• Share ideas and thoughts through the study of the Word;
• Nurture each other through listening and prayer;
• Encourage each other through words and actions.
Structure of a Faith-At-Work Group
• Members may be singles, couples, multi-generational, or intergenerational;
• Meeting terms can have a 2-year life or open-ended;
• Usually meet monthly at a time convenient for all;
• Rotate among member homes or meet at church;
• Study and share are the central themes.
Common Format of a Faith-At-Work Meeting
• Meetings usually are for 90 minutes to 2 hours as agreed;
• Refreshments – enjoy a dessert or light meal together;
• Meetings typically have time to share happenings in your life with the group;
• Meetings typically have a devotion time: Bible study or book study regarding a Christian theme or topic;
• Time of prayer, a time to bring your own needs of supplication to the group to raise to God.
Faith-At-Work Groups Are Instruments of Action
In addition to regular meetings, groups often share in outreach, fellowship, and mission activities such as:
• Preparing a meal for Lenten Nights or for the North Church community in Cleveland;
• Working at the Cleveland Foodbank on a Saturday morning;
• Going on mission trips (e.g., Hurricane Katrina relief, Joplin tornado relief, Nicaragua, and Guatemala);
• Cleanup days at John Knox church.
How to Join a Faith-At-Work Group
• Contact Jessie MacMillan by phone at the church office or via email (email@example.com)
• Indicate whether you are interested in joining an existing group or would be open to starting a new group.
• The Spiritual Growth Committee will assist with matching you up with a group or
helping support you in starting your own group.
• The Spiritual Growth Committee will also help provide study ideas and materials for your meetings.